"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, November 09, 2006

LOOK AT THOSE JACKASSES!

I stopped by the Dennys Beer Barrel Pub website today and look who I found on their homepage! The United Eaters of Pennsylvania: We're everywhere you want to be (and probably many places you don't).

I'm definitely going back up there where Denny unveils his new world record burger (rumored to be 120+ pounds). According to the man himself, that should be sometime in late December or January. Sounds like a good time for our second UEPa meeting!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm deffinately down for next time. The weekend of the 17th-19th I think there will be a group going for the Jim's record

8:22 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

whats the Jims record?

11:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

13 in an hr and a half. I hope they give special line cutting privaledges if you're going for the record, because it almost takes that long waiting in line to get one.

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Thanks Pete, that clears up everything!

Actually, I have no idea what you're talking about. Hook a brother up some details! Are we talking about 13 horse assholes? Cause I can put away the horse assholes like it's nobody's business!

2:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry guys. I just assume everyone knows ever cheesesteak place in the city. I'm talking about Jim's cheesesteaks on south st. They're the only cheesesteak place I know of that has a record. The current record holder broke it at the age of 16 then got pounded in wing bowl.

Maybe we can do horse assholes in Feb because Denny's is in Jan.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

You said do horse assholes!

4:19 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

... not that there's anything wrong with that...

4:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do any of us do anything at work?

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Work?

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if Lynda Kuerth (see link, 11 cheesesteaks in late 70s) is still 2nd in the Jim's Wall of Fame? Thanks for any information.

2:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wall of fame at Jim's just has the most recent record. On the second floor they have the recipts of people that tried so I'm sure there might be a picture or something.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home