"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, October 27, 2006

MEGA MUNCHING ON VACATION

Heather and I are in Vermont right now (yes, I'm blogging while on vacation...gotta love laptops and free hotel internet access). Today we're going to visit the Magic Hat Brewery and the Ben & Jerry's ice cream factory. Free samples aplenty, I hope.

On the drive up here we were passing through New Jersey and on the horizon, right on the edge of our six lane highway was a crappy little diner. As we got closer, it hit me. "That's the Clinton Station Diner!" I shouted to Heather as I whipped my head around to get a better look. She gave me a blank stare. "The Clinton Station Diner!" I repeated just in case she didn't hear me the first time (how could she not). Still nothing. "It's like the Denny's Beer Barrel Pub of New Jersey!" I said. That registered with her since she's heard me talking incessantly about my upcoming trip to Denny's with the UEPa to sample their giant burgers.

I told her we'll have to stop by the Clinton Station Diner for lunch/dinner on the way back home. For those who don't know, the Clinton Station Diner is renowned for its giant burgers. They've got a two-pounder, a three-pounder and a 50-pounder known as Mt. Olympus. Tomorrow they'll be unveiling a 70+ pounder (a new world record) and they'll be having a nano burger eating contest (tiny burgers). We'll miss that by a day, but I hope they still have some nano burgers on the menu when we get there. If not, I'll have to warm up for next week's trip to Denny's with a two-pounder.

7 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

now where would one go to find out about the nano-burger eating contest if you hadn't been travelling along I-78? Man I wish there was a site dedicated to these contests, except how does one successfully search these out?

12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See

http://eatfeats.com/calendar.php

and http://eatfeats.com/

for a list of all the upcoming IFOCE, AICE & independent contests I have been able to find.

12:56 PM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

wow
from OJRIFKIN himself!

Thats like asking for some light, and having Thomas Edison flip the switch!

1:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Light, Edison.
Eat, Rifkin.

I bet 10 bucks he posted to his blog while she was in the shower.
No way she'd let him do it right in her face... you're on vacation for goodness sake.

5:09 PM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

totally,
she's gonna snap his geeky neck when she reads his blog and finds out!!!!

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

You caught me. Yes, I did wait until she was getting ready this morning to post something but it's all good. I post what I want, when I want, for as long as I want!

(NOW she's gonna snap my neck!)

9:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You keep up your tough blogging persona there, Mega Munch. Just remember - there are LOTS of things that I only do if I want, when I want and for as long as I want.

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home