"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Whaddya mean they don't come with Canadian bacon?

You may remember those crazy Canadian guys I wrote about -- Tanker, Splash and the gang -- who were driving 16 hours to sample some of the largest burgers on the planet (right here in Pennsylvania). Well, they made it. Read all about it here.

Below is a shot of some of them with Denny's 6-pound burger -- I think. As you'll read, four of them got the two pound burger and one of them got the six-pounder. I can never friggin' tell the difference with Denny's burgers. Check out the pictures and judge for yourself. In the picture here, the burger is wearing a top hat and googley eyes, so I'm assuming that means it's the biggest and most important one.


11 Comments:

Blogger Longboard King said...

Hey man, this is Anthony (Tanker). That is a pic of the 6 pounder. It was one insane burger :) The 2 pounder was bigger then my head as well so it was no slacker :P

Pennsylvania was a sweet state though, we had a blast. I don't know if I can stomache the site of that much food for a long time though ;)

8:37 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

So that's "Ye Ol' 96er"? Yeah, that's a big 'un.

I still haven't made up my mind if, when I finally get up to Denny's, I'll get the three-pounder or the six-pounder. I'm leaning toward the three because I'm pretty sure I can finish it (and get the free burger and t-shirt).

8:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go for 6 you wuss.

8:06 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

i'm starving....

9:19 AM

 
Blogger steakbellie said...

I'm alittle upset I didnt get there in time to stop them....damn...

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Hey, hey, hey...as Tanker can testify, the 6-pounds only refers to the weight of the meat.

The "6-pounder" actually weighs somewhere north of 11 pounds after it's dressed with "two whole tomatoes, a half-head of lettuce, 12 slices of American cheese, a full cup of peppers, two entire onions, plus, a river of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard."

But you're absolutely right, Tut, I am being a wuss. If I'm going to go up there and do it, I might as well go balls to wall and DO IT!

5:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EXACTLY!!

9:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I'm willing to travel to eat. If you go I'll join to save on gas cost. Plus in H-burg some bar on 2nd street is having a Guiness sponsored oyster contest. I've never had one before, but I'm going to try one and if I like it I'm in.

1:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lancaster dogs this weekend?

5:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lancaster dogs this weekend?

5:55 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Lancaster Dogs indeed! Looks like the level of competition has been raised now that EatFeats has posted about it. Oh well, I'll take third place. (I'm such an optimist!)

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home