"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

BECAUSE WE ALL REMEMBER HOW WELL REFRIGERATOR PERRY DID

Did anyone see this on IFOCE.com? They posted it a few weeks ago, but some 7 foot 8 inch dude from India will be among the eaters on Coney Island during this year's hot dog contest. They claim he's the tiki masala eating champion of the world and the hot dog eating champion of India. Although, to be fair, the hot dogs in India are actually called "tiki masala."

8 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Tiki Masala eating champion of the world, huh? Funny, I don't ever remembering there being a contest qualifier in the U.S. for the world championships. Who was in that one? Let him eat, I would like to see how he does.

1:11 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

Just wanted to tell you about my upcoming events.
Tonight I am going to be in the EATORF texas wiener comp
thursday the 3RD ANNUAL SCHNAACK DOG 30’ HOT DOG EATING CHAMPIONSHIP in Long Island
saturday, pierogies in Pittsburg. I need more shirts!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Damn man, do you EVER have to pay for a meal?

You should be able to win the EATORF contest. Pierogies and the hot dog should be interesting too. You had been training on HDBs for your Nathans qualifiers and had been kicking ass if memory serves me correctly. And you just won a pierogie contest, so that should be familiar territory.

It's cool that you're able to compete in so many contests. Maybe its a good thing you're not tied to the IFOCE. Counting these three, you'll have eaten in six contests in the last two or three months. That's awesome.

2:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived more East!

3:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I lived more East!

3:43 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Saying it twice won't make it come true, Tut.

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Carey said...

there's no place like home

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

there's no place like home

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home