"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, June 15, 2007

IT DOESN'T COMPARE TO DIET COKE WITH BACON

I've always been a sucker for new soda flavors. I remember when I was a kid living in Hawaii I was addicted to Apple Slice. Yeah, an apple flavored soda. It was the shiznit, even before things were described as the shiznit. Then they discontinued it. Fuckers.

I was excited when I saw this new Pepsi "Ice Cucumber" flavor over on The Hungover Gourmet. Even though it's not diet, I'd try it a few times. Sure, it's a vegetable flavored soda, but it sounds somewhat interesting. Of course, it's only available in Japan. Figures. They get all the cool food stuff. A Singapore soft drink maker has created a soda flavor called "Anything." It's for those indecisive friends who tell you "Oh, just get me whatever" when you ask them what flavor they want. The can offers no clue to which of the five mystery concoctions are inside. You'll either get Cola with Lemon, something called "Fizz Up," Cloudy Lemon (?), Root Beer or Apple (!!).

5 Comments:

Blogger RM1(SS) (ret) said...

My wife says that when she toured the Coke facility in Atlanta, back in '91, she had a sample of an absolutely wonderful peach Fanta - which, they told her, was only sold in the Arab countries.

What I really liked was the green Fanta they have in Thailand. No idea what the flavour was supposed to be, but it was really, really good.

7:21 PM

 
Blogger A-Bomb said...

Hey Dave the cucumber drink may be good. A friend of ours, he makes the 'gay water' with lemon slices and cucumber slices. It's quite satisfying and delicious. The water.

10:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I always thought water with lemons was lemonade. I guess it is considered 'gay water' in the north when you add cucumber (don't think I'll be trying that). And on a side note, I went to the Coke plant back in the mid 90s and thought I was in heaven. Anyone that likes flavors (or 'new' drinks) will LOVE this part of the tour. You come to a concession like area, grab a cup and go apeshit on the good and the bad Coke Worldwide has to offer (unlimited refills of course). Funny thing is I remember most of them tasting, um, terrible except for the Fantas ironically.

4:02 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Mmmmmm, green Fanta. Tastes like...green.

Not sure what makes that water "gay". Is it the cucumber? If it's sliced up, that's a little less gay than if you were to drop a whole cucumber in your drink. That would look...weird.

I'm personally not a fan of fruit (or vegetables) in drinks. Fruit FLAVORS are okay, but not ACTUAL fruit. Especially in beer. No fruit in beer. Period. (Yes, that means hold the lime on the Corona.)

7:28 AM

 
Blogger Carey said...

olives are good in Corona. Is that gay, Dave? Thanks for saying what we were all thinking with the whole cucumber.
The gay part of fruity water is not being able to drink plain water. Especially if you ask for an evian instead of a water.
Screw all of that, I like the purple stuff.

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home