"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A 30-inch hot dog grows in Brooklyn

A couple of giant hot dog stories are posted at SuperSizedMeals.com. I sort of feel bad recycling content from other blogs, but hey, I don't get all the sweet referrals like they do, so screw it. Besides, when I do get inspiration from other blogs, you can be sure I'll always give credit where credit is due.

The first story is about a 30-inch hot dog served up by Schnack, a hot joint in Brooklyn (Tagline: "People try it...and they like it"). On Monday, Schnack is hosting an eating contest for their two-and-a-half-foot monster dog, but in the meantime they're holding a few qualifying rounds to separate the gurgitators from the mere eaters. The guy on the right has lots of good pictures from his recent visit. His blog ("Iron Stomach") sounds pretty cool, and I just might keep an eye on it. His blog's tagline: "Food, beer, wine, drinks, and other things that go in my mouth." (Whoa buddy!!)

The other hot dog story is from competitive eater Andrew "Skinnyboy" Lane's website. He just celebrated a birthday with a cake shaped like a hot dog. Check out a few of the cross section pics. It looks like the hot dog is made out of pure icing! Mmmm...icing that looks like processed meat products.

3 Comments:

Blogger SupersizedMeals.com said...

"A couple of giant hot dog stories are posted at SuperSizedMeals.com. I sort of feel bad recycling content from other blogs, but hey, I don't get all the sweet referrals like they do, so screw it."

Hahahaha... that's gold... And I don't mind you recycling content, hey, I'm about to do it now with your "Fuddruckers takes world's largest burger" article!

Great to hear from you, I check your site out regularly, and look forward to heaps more great posts!

Billy

9:49 PM

 
Blogger Dave S. said...

Thanks Billy. Good to see SuperSizedMeals.com is taking reader communication to the next level with the message board. Anxious to see how that works out. Your site rocks like an In-n-Out 25x25!

8:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home