"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Friday, June 23, 2006

A competitive eating double header

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker forwarded me a link to an events listing for some kind of street festival here in Harrisburg. On it was a sign-up for an eating contest. All it really said was "Sign up for the eating contest! How much can you eat?!" with a space for your name and e-mail address. So I signed up and waited for a response.

Well, today I got a response. Turns out, it's a hot sauce eating contest and it's tomorrow at 5:30 pm. For those keeping track, that's five hours after the IFOCE shoofly pie eating contest that I'll be participating in just one hour away in Lancaster. So basically I'm pulling a double-header -- three or four pounds of sweet molasses pie for lunch and a bottle of hot sauce for dinner. To use another baseball analogy, it's like getting called up to the majors, playing a day game, and then finishing with a night game back in the minors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home