"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

General Tso was a damn good man!


I could eat Chinese food four, maybe five days a week. No problem. And nine times out of ten it would be either beef lo mein or General Tso's chicken. I'm not exactly sure who this General Tso guy is, but I can't get enough of his sweet and spicy breaded poultry.

But as much as I love Chinese food, there's one thing I don't like about it: American-style foods on Chinese food buffets. I know, I know, all the Chinese food on a typical Chinese buffett is "American style," but I'm talking about the wafer-thin plain pizza, the suspect mac & cheese and the shriveled chicken nuggets (they got nothin' on my man G-Tso's nuggets).


I guess the rest of the "Chinese" food on the buffet line is such a
westernized departure from the real thing, the "chef" probably figures, hey why not give french fries and jello a try? I realize they put that junk out there because not everyone (finicky kids) likes Szechuan chicken and crab rangoon, but if these people would just try some of the other stuff on the buffet, they might be surprised. It has to be better than those stale nachos.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sneeze guards are scarier than suspect mac and cheese.

9:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home