"It is possible to die from eating. But I think to be professional means you don't die." (Takeru Kobayashi)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

CITY CHASE!

Well, I still don't know when and where the next UEPa meeting will be, but I do know that I'll be in Philly this weekend with Beau. We'll be taking part in something called The City Chase. It's a one-day race around Philadelphia -- described as a cross between Fear Factor and The Amazing Race -- with the winner advancing to the national race later this year. With 300 other teams pitted against us, our chances of winning are slim, but it should be a good time nonetheless.

There will be lots of running and physical stunts as well as some mental tests. I hope there will also be some Fear Factor-like eating challenges. I saw a City Chase video of someone eating a grub. I can do grubs. I can't do eyeballs and testicles, but I guess I'd give it a go if I really had to. Afterwards, we hope to do a few cheesesteaks.



And here's a look at how they do it Down Under.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carey said...

Hope they give you guys a Balut challenge, that oughta get you above the rest of the pack. Good luck.

1:43 PM

 
Blogger la beauheme said...

We didn't do too shabby for two dudes from Harrisburg. 69th out of 250! Boston, pahk da cah, weer gettin' out.

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home