WHO'S GOOD WITH A MAP?
So it looks like the UEPa's Great Philly Cheesesteak tour is moving forward on April 21. A few comments left on the last post made it seem as if we'd somehow do sushi AND cheesesteaks during our gorge fest, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. If ever there were two foods that were polar opposites of each other, it seems like sushi and cheesesteaks would be it. The combination of spicy raw tuna, cheesesteak, wasabi, and cheese whiz might make our stomachs implode and effectively end all of our competitive eating careers (some before they even started). Not to mention both are friggin' awesome foods and each deserves their own day of gluttony.
So I guess we can open the discussion for a sushi date here. In the meantime, we should also start thinking about our itinerary for the cheesesteak tour. Being NOT from Philly, I'll risk looking ignorant by throwing out some tour stops (in no particular order, except for the last two):
- Jim's Steaks (4th and South Streets)
- Tony Luke's Old Philly Style Sandwiches (39 East Oregon Ave)
- Dalessandro's Steaks (Henry Ave & Wendover St., Roxborough)
- Chubbies (Henry and Ridge Ave near Dalessandro's)
- Chink's Steaks (6030 Torresdale Ave in Wissonoming)
- Campo's (214 Market St)
- Steve's Prince of Steaks (7200 Bustleton Ave)
- Pat's King of Steaks (9th & Passyunk)
- Geno's Steaks (9th & Passyunk)
Regardless, this list is 100 percent flexible (and probably too long), so let me know if I'm missing anything. Also, how many tour stops do we expect to make? 6? 7? 8? As many as our stomachs allow?