THE ANSWER KEY
By popular demand (one or two people asked), below are the answers to the “How well do you know me?” quiz. If you haven’t taken it yet, you can check it out here.
Some of you may be wondering how you got the dreaded “97 percent.” Although most questions have correct answers (6 points) and wrong answers (zero or negative points, depending on how wrong they are), other questions have “nearly correct answers” which are worth three or four points, with one six-point answer. That includes “What’s my favorite food?” All answers: pizza, chicken wings, Eagles cheerleaders, ice cream and hot dogs are worth three or four points, but the correct answer (burgers) earned you six points. Anyhow, here are the answers:
1. What is your age?
ANSWER: 31-40 years old
2. What is your gender?
3. In which contest did I make my IFOCE pro debut?
ANSWER: World’s Greatest Shoofly Pie Eating Championship
4. What food did I conquer to win my first eating contest?
5. Which eater joined Liz, J, Krista, Heather and I for a post-contest party at Krista’s sister’s house after the 3 Brothers Pizza Championship
ANSWER: Pat Bertoletti
6. Which key element of the shoofly eating contest did I fail to take an adequate amount of pictures of?
ANSWER: The Eagle’s Cheerleaders
7. Which of these meats have I NOT eaten?
8. How many chicken nuggets did I eat for dinner on Sunday, November 26th?
9. As a result of that dinner, what side-effect woke me up at 4:30 am the following morning?
ANSWER: Extreme thirst (Although I think a McNightmare might have been in there somewhere.)
10. What topping did I hold (or ask to be held, but got anyhow) on my giant burger at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub?
ANSWER: Onions (This question also had "nearly correct" answers, like "mustard" and "peppers" because retrospectively I would have rather held those instead of the onions.)
11. What’s my favorite food?
12. Which branch of the military and which specialty did I work in before leaving for a career in competitive eating?
ANSWER: Navy/Electrician (Navy/Cook earned you three points, as did Marines/Sniper.)
13. What is my girlfriend’s name?
ANSWER: Heather (This is the ONLY correct answer!)